- Baseband representation of passband signals.
- Bandwidth and inner products in baseband and passband.
- The geometry of the space of energy-limited signals.
- The Sampling Theorem as an orthonormal expansion.
- Sampling passband signals.
- Pulse Amplitude Modulation (PAM): energy, power, and power spectral density.
- Nyquist Pulses.
- Quadrature Amplitude Modulation (QAM).
- Hypothesis testing.
- The Bhattacharyya Bound.
- The multivariate Gaussian distribution
- Gaussian stochastic processes.
- Detection in white Gaussian noise.
Lectures Following Up:
- Information Theory I (Prof. Lapidoth, 7th Semester)
- Algebra and Error Correcting Codes (Prof. Loeliger, 8th Semester)
© Signal and Information Processing Laboratory (ISI), ETH Zurich